-
February 8th, 2002, 09:33 PM
#11
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bobbrown:
Welcome to the abnormally high boost reading club. After cam tuning, my boost gauge still reads 9psi from a 6psi kit. Your cylinders are really only seeing 6psi of usable boost. When I mentioned this to JR, they seemed totally baffled and said they have yet to see a GS-R read over 7psi on a 6psi setup (bullshit). Anyone on this board will tell you that readings of 8psi from a 6psi kit are very common. Your MAP sensor isn't making these numbers up - that's the actual pressure in the manifold, but the cylinders aren't able to suck up the boost quick enough, so some of the compressed air gets backed up in the manifold.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yup My car read 9 psi to with a 6lb pulley in the boost gauge. I to have a 2001 GSR. Than I upgraded to 8 lb pulley after i hit 12s and it read 11 lbs. but never got to run it after that cause My piston Rings blew so I'm in the process of building the motor and adding the supercharger upgrade pulley kit ontop of the already 8lb pulley. But yea it always reads more than its supposed to
------------------
N E M E S I S 4 Life Nor-Cal
12 Sec GSR on 6lb Pulley and boltons.
IM- NemeKwky12seclub
Building Motor Shootin For 11's
-
February 8th, 2002, 10:30 PM
#12
Inactive Member
SuperTeg,
Are you saying you are using the Jackson MapMod along with the Hondata ECU?
------------------
-
February 8th, 2002, 10:38 PM
#13
Inactive Member
This guy should be banned from the board for that kind of stupidity...
------------------
-
February 8th, 2002, 10:39 PM
#14
Inactive Member
whoops, strike that last reply... went the wrong topic...
------------------
-
February 8th, 2002, 10:43 PM
#15
-
February 9th, 2002, 12:16 AM
#16
Inactive Member
Hmm... my autometer reads 8-9 on the stock 6psi pulley.
Zip's EFVC shows closer to 6 pounds though.
------------------
Black '00 GS-R
JRSC @ 6psi
Comptech Header / Comptech Exhaust
GC Coilovers/Tokico Illuminas
Comptech Front STB / Spoon Sports Rear STB
ITR Rear Swaybar w/ BSQ Mounting Kit
SSR GT1s / 205/45/16 Yokohama Paradas
-
February 9th, 2002, 12:42 AM
#17
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jay Lee:
SuperTeg,
Are you saying you are using the Jackson MapMod along with the Hondata ECU?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No I do not use the Map Mod w/ Hondata. I use the vac line and map sensor relocator from the Map Mod. I'm not an idiot.
------------------
95'GSR w/JRSC at 6psi.
1/8 mi. 8.44 at 81mph.
Hp 226.7 torque 159.8
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks